Central Valley Con
Video Games – Free Play & Tournaments
Hosted by: Once Upon a Video Game
- Be aware that tournament times are subject to change. Checking in early with tournament organizers is recommended!
- There are NO REFUNDS for the tournament entry fees. The ONLY exception is if the tournament itself is canceled due to unforeseen events or insufficient entries.
- If there’s any legitimate dispute within the tournament, please notify a Tournament Judge.
- You MUST show up to your match when your name is announced or at the posted time for your round. Failure to do so may result in disqualification without refund.
- Violation of rules may result in disqualification without refund. Other disciplinary actions may result as well.
- Any participants caught cheating will be immediately disqualified without a refund.
- Destruction of Once Upon a Video Game’s or tournament participant’s property will result in disqualification and possible fees.
Super Smash Bros. For Wii U – 4 Player Pod Tournaments!
Multiple 4 player tourneys all day! See schedule for times!
Entry Fee: $5.00 PER Sign up. Amount due at time of sign up.
1ST PLACE = $10.00 Cash
ANY SMALL STAGE CAN BE USED* IF ALL PLAYERS AGREE ON THE STAGE
DEFAULT STAGE WILL BE FINAL DESTINATION IF PLAYERS CANNOT AGREE ON A STAGE
- All contestants will play a 4 player game winner takes all. You will receive 10 lives. You get one round at the game.
- Wii U PRO CONTROLLERS will be provided by tournament organizers.
- You may bring and use your own controllers; if you bring a GameCube controller we will have a GameCube adapter available to use.
- If you would like “up to jump” off, select player W-Z. DO NOT CREATE A NEW NAME!
- NO AMIIBO’s OR CUSTOM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
- Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling.)
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
- Pausing during the match multiple times means the loss of the round except in the case where all contestants agree to the game being paused.
- All Items will be turned OFF
- *NO LARGE STAGES ALLOWED! (Big Battlefield, Palutena’s Temple, Kirby The Great Cave Offensive, Legend Of Zelda Skyloft, Sonic Windy Hill, Metroid Pyrosphere, Super Mario Galaxy, & Xenoblade Gaur Plain)
Free Play Rules
- Destruction of Once Upon a Video Game or any participants property will result in possible fees.
- We ask that you treat the staff, volunteers, and attendees with the same kindness and respect as you would want for yourself.
- Wristbands must be clearly visible at all times.
- Modifying the Settings of a Game or Gaming Console is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we won’t be responsible for any lost items in the game room, so please be cautious of your belongings. If you think your items are lost, please contact us or lost and found about it.
- Please treat the Gaming Room equipment with respect. Please refrain from stealing, throwing or removing the controllers, removing the games, touching the consoles (including turning them on or off) or removing the memory cards, slapping the TV’s, etc.
- Lines must be formed to keep the order of who goes next in check. Make sure you know your spot.
- No food or drinks allowed.
- No Profanity. This is a family-oriented con.
- Physical harassment (i.e. fighting, wrestling) will not be tolerated!
- The Gaming Room has a limited capacity. As a result, we sometimes may need to ask some of the attendees to leave the room, or prevent attendees from entering the room until more space is available. We apologize if this becomes an issue, but we are trying to provide a safe and comfortable room for everyone.