Join us for the Central Valley Con Costume Contest. Sign up will be in the main lobby at the Modesto Centre Plaza prior to the contest. The contest will be held in the Arbor Theater at 4:00PM
Prizes are as follows: $150 First Place — $100 Second Place — $50 Third Place — $50 Best Kids Costume
There will be a maximum of 50 slots allowed to compete in our contest. We will be taking waiting list entries after the initial 50 contestants have signed up. Upon registration, you will be given a lineup number. That is your slot in the contest. You must arrive to the Arbor Theatre 60 minutes prior to the start of the contest. If you have not checked in you run the risk of have your spot in the contest taken by someone on the waiting list.
Central Valley Con is a family-friendly event – please keep that in mind when putting together your costume and presentation. No nudity allowed, this entails inappropriate exposure of private body parts. We reserve the right to refuse your costume if it is deemed too inappropriate.
We ask that all contestants adhere to the Central Valley Con Weapons Policy. If you have a prop or weapon that falls outside of the policy it must be pre-approved prior to entry. Approval to use said prop or weapon does NOT give you permission to walk the convention floor with that item.
An adult must accompany all contestants under the age of 16. The adult doesn’t have to accompany the entrant on stage during the presentation or backstage ahead of time – just in the panel room.
Central Valley Con will video and take photos of the contest entrants. By entering the contest, the entrant enters an agreement that allowsCentral Valley Con to use their likeness and image in any current/future advertisement, promotion, or publicity for Central Valley Con events.
WHAT IS YOUR WEAPONS POLICY?
Central Valley Con encourages fans to cosplay as their favorite Pop Culture icons! For everyone’s safety and for a relaxing event, here are guidelines to use with your cosplay experience.
1. No real firearms – and that includes firearms that shoot only blanks or BB’s.
2. Replica weapons must stand out as fake from at least 10 feet away. An orange safety tip is required in all replica weapons.
3. If any type of blade weapon is sharp enough or has a pointed tip, so that it might cut or pierce the skin – it will not be allowed into Modesto Centre Plaza or the DoubleTree Hilton.
4. Solid prop weapons which have enough weight to cause physical harm with even a medium swing are not be allowed.
5. Functioning fake projectile weapons – even “Air Soft”, water guns, squirt guns, and any toy that is capable of actually firing a projectile, liquid, or object of any type are not allowed.
6. Aiming, brandishing and pointing any and all weapons at other attendees is not acceptable. If you are in violation of this rule, you may be asked to leave Modesto Centre Plaza.
7. If this doesn’t answer your question, please bring your replica weapon or prop to our check in area at the front entrance.