WHAT IS Central Valley Con?
The goal of Central Valley Con is to raise awareness of outstanding artists in the San Joaquin Valley area – and to give attendees the chance to experience a wide variety of Popular Culture (Comics, Card Games, Video Games, Cards, Anime, Manga, Science Fiction, Toys, Television and Movies).
It is also Central Valley Con’s intention to raise awareness and funds in conjunction with local charities. A portion of the proceeds from Central Valley Con benefits the Modesto Gospel Mission.
WHEN AND WHERE IS Central Valley Con?
Central Valley Con is set for Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11, 2018.
WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS TO Central Valley Con?
Please go to HERE for all information regarding tickets.
I’M AN ARTIST, HOW MAY I DISPLAY MY TALENTS AT Central Valley Con?
You may register for an Artist Alley table or an 10′ wide x 8′ deep Exhibitor booth beginning on September 1st.
MAY I DRESS AS MY FAVORITE POP CULTURE ICON?
Absolutely, we would love to see you dressed up as your favorite character. Please understand that Central Valley Con is a family event, so please keep that in mind when putting together your costume.
WHAT IS YOUR WEAPONS POLICY?
Central Valley Con encourages fans to cosplay as their favorite Pop Culture icons! For everyone’s safety and for a relaxing event, here are guidelines to use with your cosplay experience.
1. No real firearms – and that includes firearms that shoot only blanks or BB’s.
2. Replica weapons must stand out as fake from at least 10 feet away. An orange safety tip is required in all replica weapons.
3. If any type of blade weapon is sharp enough or has a pointed tip, so that it might cut or pierce the skin – it will not be allowed into Central Valley Con.
4. Solid prop weapons which have enough weight to cause physical harm with even a medium swing are not be allowed.
5. Functioning fake projectile weapons – even “Air Soft”, water guns, squirt guns, and any toy that is capable of actually firing a projectile, liquid, or object of any type are not allowed.
6. Weapons will be peace bonded either while you wait in the registration line (prior to 10am) or at the information booth. Your item will be identified so that staff and attendees know it is safe and approved.
7. Aiming, brandishing and pointing any and all weapons at other attendees is not acceptable. If you are in violation of this rule, you may be asked to leave Modesto Centre Plaza and the DoubleTree Hilton.
8. If this doesn’t answer your question, please bring your replica weapon or prop to the front entrance.